We are seeking an experienced Marketing Communications Manager to be responsible for all marketing and communication activities across the charity – including developing our brand awareness, managing communications across media and PR, control of advertising and developing our digital and social media. This role and department serves the three strands of our organisation: Education and Training, Fundraising and Commercial.
An experienced marketing professional, you may have worked for charities before in similar roles. You will create and implement marketing and communications campaigns not only with the aim of raising our profile and communicating Team Domenica’s work; but also supporting learner admissions, product revenue, deliver events, and donations campaigns.
You will be driven by insight and able to use a wide range of communication channels to reach your audiences. You will work across the organisation to establish end-to-end processes that efficiently collect marketing and communications needs, defining clear measurable outputs.
With support from the Marketing and Communications Executive, you will manage the creation and production of a broad range of internal and external print and digital resources, maintain and develop our website, and newsletters. You will also manage the development and delivery of an internal communications mechanism.
If you feel you are a good fit for the majority of this role, with experience in some areas more than others, we would be interested to hear from you.
CONTRACT: Full-time, permanent, 40 hours a week. We are open to discussion around Flexible working arrangements.
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 English bank and public holidays.
LINE MANAGER: Director of Fundraising and Communications
LINE REPORTS: Marketing and Communications Executive
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, implement and execute strategic marketing and communications plan for Team Domenica.
- Maintain and develop the marketing and communications schedule in a way that is sensitive to the needs and priorities of each element of our organisation.
- Ensure the charity is communicating the right messaging to attract prospective learners, supporters, partnered businesses and customers, whilst retaining existing ones.
- Plan, produce and evaluate integrated marketing and communications campaigns to support income generation, including, donor campaigns, event marketing, product sales.
- Identify measurable marketing outcomes to increase the efficiency of marketing activities within the company, reporting progress, priorities and challenges to the Director of Fundraising and Communications and Senior Leadership Team.
- Analyse customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Fundraising and Communications to support and balance the charity’s marketing strategy, and communicate with senior management about existing and new marketing activities.
- Effective management of Marketing & Communications Executive to gather and create appropriate written and, photographic and video content for, a variety of social media channels, digital and print media, website, newsletters, internal and external mailings, and education, fundraising and café resources.
- Identify and deliver development and training opportunities for the Marketing and Communications Executive to ensure professional development.
- Manage and develop all communication channels, including our website.
- Oversee and develop our brand to ensure consistency in every piece of work through guidelines and best practices.
- Manage all internal and external communications and press relationships.
- Use internal capabilities and external resource to produce printed and digital resources.
- Keep spending within budget, keeping accurate records.
- Deliver a client-based service to our organisation.
All staff have the duty to:
- Maintain the health and safety of themselves, colleagues and candidates as well as the public and visitors to Team Domenica.
- Prioritise the safeguarding of candidates by following the procedures and principles laid out in our policies and associated legislations.
- Promote equality of opportunity and respect difference and diversity with the Team Domenica community.
- Maintain a professional stance while at work, including being a positive advocate of the work of Team Domenica.
This list of duties should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive as you may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities.
Requirements and Person Specification
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising across-channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively, and use your initiative.
- Budget management skills and proficiency in recording costs.
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (eg Google Analytics).
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time and project management, and ability to work to a deadline and budget.
This role will be based predominantly at our Offices at Preston Circus, Brighton. Depending on their roles, our staff can be required to work on a range of different sites, including our main training centre, enrichment site, training cafés and employer’s premises.
- Company Sick Pay: (post probation) 15 days in any 12-month rolling period for eligible employees.
- Employee Assistance Programme: providing consumer, legal and personal advice. It can also refer you to free professional counselling if needed.
- Workplace Pension Contribution: 3% employer, 5% employee.
- Staff Discounts: 25% discount in our cafes and coffee products.
- Family-friendly policies:
- Maternity leave
- Paternity leave
- Adoption leave
- Shared Parental Leave
- Parental Leave, after completing one year of continuous employment and eligible up to the child’s 18th birthday
- Time-off to care for dependants
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
What to expect
Team Domenica is a Brighton-based charity supporting young people with learning disabilities – our candidates – into paid employment. We create futures for the individuals we support, helping them to discover their full potential, live happy fulfilled lives, and feel included within the local community.
Team Domenica is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and vulnerable adults. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references and enhanced DBS certificate. Safeguarding Training will be given once the successful candidate begins their role.
Team Domenica is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
As part of our recruitment process, Team Domenica collects, stores and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be emailed a Team Domenica Application Form to complete and return prior to interview as part of our Safer Recruitment policy.
Please refer to our Safer Recruitment Policy for information regarding all of the steps in our recruitment process and to find out more about how we use and protect the information you provide.