Would you like to join Team Domenica and help us to continue to lead the way in supported employment? Do you want to work in a supportive organisation, playing to your strengths, gaining job satisfaction and doing something where you can make a real difference?
Job title: HR Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Team Domenica is a social enterprise charity helping young adults with a learning disability find and retain work in their local communities. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to feel valued, be included as members of society, and reach their full potential
About the role
To develop and deliver the charity’s HR systems and processes. To be an expert in all areas of HR, responsible for the effective delivery of safer recruitment, learning and development, people management, employee wellbeing and policy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the entire recruitment process from job advertisements, vetting and DBS checks, to onboarding and inducting new joiners.
- Ensure that recruitment practices comply with safer recruitment and employment legislation and deal with concerns identified through vetting, DBS checks and assessing risk.
- Maintain the charity’s Single Central Record for staff in line with Ofsted requirements.
- Review and develop the induction and onboarding programme for new staff
- Provide expert advice and support to line managers and staff on the application and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Establish a programme of training for line managers and provide support to ensure a consistent approach and level of knowledge for all managers
- Develop and coordinate the performance appraisal process
- Manage all HR employee documentation, e.g. contracts and paperwork for new starters, variation to contract letters, flexible working requests
Culture and Employee Wellbeing
- Monitor charity’s EAP usage
- Collaborate with Line Managers to improve staff motivation, health and wellbeing when necessary.
- To manage all HR accreditations as appropriate – eg Disability Confident Employer.
Policies & Procedures
- Manage the implementation and supporting the continuous development of all HR policies and procedures, ensuring that these are applied in a consistent and fair manner.
- To propose relevant amendments to existing or suggest the implementation of relevant new policies.
- To help ensure that the charity is fully compliant in all areas of equality and diversity legislation.
- Ensure optimal use of the charity’s HR database, ensuring timely data entry and running reports as required.
- Line manage and motivate the HR & Ops Coordinator
- Manage monthly payroll process with accountants and payroll bureau
- Manage relationship with outsourced HR advice company, ensuring charity uses all appropriate services
This list of duties should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities.
Requirements and Person Specifications
This opportunity will suit someone with the following:
- CIPD Level 5, and/or equivalent experience – ESSENTIAL
- Evidence of working at HR Manager level – DESIRABLE
- Experience of codes of practice and HR management ESSENTIAL within an education or social care setting DESIRABLE
- Experience of CPD needs for staff in an education and/or social care setting to meet basic requirements for OFSTED – DESIRABLE
- Knowledge and experience of Employment Law and change management – DESIRABLE
- Excellent ICT skills
- Ability to create, maintain and enhance effective relationships – ESSENTIAL
- Ability to inspire, motivate and communicate effectively with staff – ESSENTIAL
- Ability to work well under pressure – ESSENTIAL
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team – ESSENTIAL
- Highly organised, efficient and adaptable with ability to anticipate needs – ESSENTIAL
Salary: £27,600 depending on experience (FTE £34,500)
Working pattern: 4 days per week, with flexibility
Contract type: Permanent, Part-Time
Start date: ASAP
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com.
Team Domenica is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Shortlisted candidates will be emailed a Team Domenica Application Form and a voluntary EDI Survey to complete and return prior to interview as part of our Safer Recruitment and EDI policies.
As part of our recruitment process, Team Domenica collects, stores and processes personal data relating to job applicants.
Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references and enhanced DBS certificate.
Please refer to our Safer Recruitment Policy for information regarding all of the steps in our recruitment process and to find out more about how we use and protect the information you provide.