About the Great Lengths Inclusive Swim Challenge
Our Great Lengths challenge bridges the gap between indoor and outdoor swimming and it takes place at Sea Lanes Brighton – the UK’s first national open water swimming centre.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone with a passion for the sea or swimming to go to great lengths, challenge themselves, and raise money to help young people with learning disabilities – our candidates – to find meaningful employment and reach their full potential.
Great Lengths: Event Information
Here is everything you need to know about Great Lengths.
Participants chose from a range of distances: 50m | 100m | 400m | 800m | 1.6k (1 mile) | 2.5k | 5k (3 miles) | ‘Dip your toe’ (getting into the water or swim less than 50m)
All participants received:
– a reusable Great Lengths swim cap
– fundraising support from our team
– to reduce the waste, an edible medal on completing their personal challenge, expertly made by our young people in our training cafés
The event space has the following accessibility features:
– Wheelchair access to swimming pool building, reception and changing area.
– A ‘Changing Places’ toilet and changing room
– Assisted access hoist into the pool
– Carers go free – just let us know ahead of the event.
Thank you to everyone who went to Great Lengths to support local young people with learning disabilities – our candidates – to reach their full potential!
This is our first challenge event, raising over a staggering £28,000 for the future of people with learning disabilities!
It’s not too late to donate to our team of swimmers here.
You can also express your interest to take the plunge at next year’s Great Lengths swim challenge (date to be confirmed) by emailing email@example.com.
Here are the Great Lengths FAQs that we put together with the help of our candidates.
Here are the Great Lengths Terms & Conditions from 2023.